Round Oak, GA (Jones County) November 2008
The historic marker reads:
"Sunshine Church II, built in 1880 and dedicated in 1883 by Rev. Sam Jones, replaced old Sunshine Church, two miles south of here, which General Sherman’s troops burned in 1864. A wounded northern prisoner, B.F. Morris, Shelby, Ohio, cared for by the Hunt and Hascall families, came back in 1890 to preach in this church. R.J. Smith gave the land for the church and cemetery. First officers were: W.F. Smith, Pastor: George H. Patillo, Presiding Elder: J.P. Hunt. J.M. Hunt, J.W. Barron, R.J. Smith, W.F. White, Samuel Gordon, Stewards."
usageorgiasmalltown georgiaround oakdjones countysunshine baptist churchreligionhistoryblack and white